While a fall festival is a fun event for children and families to attend, many churches and nonprofit organizations are wrestling with whether or not to hold their annual festivals in the face of COVID-19. Some are moving to drive-through programs, while others are holding modified fall festivals. If your Church is planning to host an event this fall, here are some things to consider:
- Determine if you will encourage or require masks
- Do you have sanitization stations with hand sanitizer
- Do you hold all activities outdoors for better social distancing
- Do you serve only pre-packaged food
- Should you consult with legal counsel on participant waivers. Should you have a waiver signed by attendees based on requirements in your local government.
In addition, your Church should follow the guidance of your local Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC has put together a Q&A specific to those who are planning events. You can view it here – Read More
IF your Church Insurance Package does not provide coverage for these type of events, contact our Agency. We can offer a ‘Special Event Policy’ for these events at affordable premiums. Or better yet, we can review your Church Insurance Program and design a Program with one of our nationally recognized carriers that will provide coverage for all of your Church or Ministry sponsored events during the year.